CLICK LINK FOR SPONSORSHIP FLYER:
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES Annual Dinner 2014-
CLICK LINK FOR INVITATION:
2014 Annual Dinner Invitation
Clemson University’s 15th President, Dr. James Clements, will be the keynote speaker at the 2014 Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet on Monday, March 24 at Broad River Electric Auditorium. James P. Clements took office December 31, 2013, after serving nearly five years as president of West Virginia University. Clements succeeds James F. Barker, who retired after serving as president for 14 years. He is also a Professor in the School of Computing, College of Engineering and Science, at Clemson. The banquet will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Sponsorship opportunities are available and tickets may be reserved beginning March 3, 2014. Please contact the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce at 225 S Limestone Street, Gaffney, SC (864-489-5721) for additional information.
The Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet showcases local businesses and business leaders while updating chamber members on membership and community goals for 2014. The banquet is also an opportunity to honor those who have contributed to progress in the business community.
The Chamber is now accepting nominees for the Hall of Fame and the Duke Energy Award for Public Service. Nominations may be submitted to the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce by Monday, March 3, 2014.
Cherokee Connects at Cracker Barrel of Gaffney
Thursday, February 27
This is a business networking lunch and a great opportunity to make connections, meet new people and build relationships to benefit businesses around the area–all while enjoying your lunch!
Hosted by Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors
Lunch can be individually purchased. Allow 1 1/2 to 2 hours for lunch to gain maximum benefit.
Teacher Cadets and Future Educators Association of Gaffney High School along with United Way of the Piedmont and the Cherokee Co Chamber will host the grand opening ribbon cutting of the very first bornlearning trail in Cherokee County on Thursday, February 20 at 11 am.
Location:Midway Baseball Complex
570 Twin Lakes Rd, Gaffney
All children attending ages 2-4 will receive a free book!
The Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce will close at 3pm due to inclement weather on Tuesday, February 11. Please check back for further scheduling updates.
The Chamber opened at 10 am on Friday, February 14th after the snow storm.
We will be closed for President’s Day, February, 17th.
Interim Executive Director
Executive Committee/Board of Directors
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Interim Executive Director is the chief paid executive officer of the Chamber. The Interim Executive Director is responsible for the general supervision and management of the office and business affairs of the organization and executing the mission and strategic plan as approved by the Board of Directors. The Interim Executive Director is also responsible for drafting and adhering to the Board approved annual budget.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Administer policies and programs relating to the Chamber, which includes current and long range planning for achievement of major area goals.
- Manage the roles of the staff with the approval of the Executive Committee in accordance with the policies and practices approved by the Board of Directors. Conducts regular meetings to help each staff member understand job duties and work of the organization. Internally develop staff through direction, coaching, training, support and delegation.
- Serve as a consultant to the President of the Board, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors. Assists in preparation of meeting agendas and mails the appropriate agenda to each member of the Board of Directors and/or Executive Committee in advance of their respective meetings. Provides a written monthly report to the Board of Directors.
- Assist and coordinate the work of the Membership Committee in increasing and expanding the membership support for the association.
- Be a non-voting member of the Board of Directors and of all Administrative Committees. Understand and effectively convey the organization’s concepts and philosophies and their relationships to the staff and Board.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with community leaders, public and governmental officials, private and public entities.
- Maintain consistent and effective connection/communication with regional, state, and national organizations and the general membership.
- Responsible for the finances of the organization and with the cooperation and assistance of the Program of Work Committee and Finance Committee, be responsible for the implementation of an operating budget covering all activities of the Chamber, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Support Cherokee County’s economic development efforts through their business attraction, retention and workforce development efforts.
- Represent the organization through public addresses to various professional and civic organizations. Report on these efforts monthly to the Board of Directors.
- Serve on local boards, commissions, and committees as it pertains to the mission of the Chamber and provide a written report of work efforts and progress monthly to the Board of Directors.
- All methods of communication are clear, concise and demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Assist in the development of non-dues sources of revenue.
- Recruit and motivate volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the President of the Board of Directors.
Informal evaluations will be provided by the President of the Board at 30 day intervals throughout the duration of employment.
The Interim Executive Director will hold the position until such time as a permanent Executive Director is hired.
Contact Us to express your interest.